• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW LABELS - NO GRADE???

3 posts in this topic

Never saw that before, but it matches the cert photo Cert link .  

Is it a label error?  I checked the submission tiers and even the bulk and economy submission coins get a net grade.  I see no grades on regular world coins--generally bulk bullion submissions that presumably weren't MS69/70 caliber labeled 'gem uncirculated'.  But even those say something.

I see it all the time. Nice coin. It’s not unusual for NGC not to issue a grade. They are great about posting if it’s a special coin or from a specific hoard. Most serious Ancient collectors don’t follow the poor - ms65 system and will not slab their coins. There are certainly exceptions. I have a friend who recently spent $30,000 on a coin. The most knowledgeable collector I know and he bought it from a WELL established German auction house. He had the greatest eye. Sent it to Sears and he said No  Worries! Authentic! He still had a bad feeling and sent it to done legally recognized world deceive agency. They tested it, and sure enough it was a reptooduction. This WELL known and respected auction house refused refund a refund. He now had an lawyer who handles International stuff. I think even the great NGC would have missed this one. Don’t mess with this dude!