• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Heritage Allow Returns for Auction Wins?

15 posts in this topic

Just got the coin I won at auction recently and it is not quite what I thought it would look like.  Although it was CAC stickered and star designated, I had hoped that the images were just poor and not very representative of the toning.  Unfortunately, it is darkly toned and not very attractive in hand and now I am holding it and trying to figure out why it got a star and even what CAC liked about it. 

Does anyone know if Heritage accepts returns???  

1915 obv.jpg

1915 rev.jpg

I believe they allow returns for their Sun/Tues auctions which cannot be previewed. Unsure about their other auctions, does the fine print not have the return policy? If that's an accurate photo, I'm with you. I wonder if it toned in the holder.

If you have seen the lot in person before the sale, you can't return it. If you were bidding based on photos, you might have a chance to return it, but I think your best bet would be see if CAC will buy it.

I also think that this coin might have toned in the holder. The unattractive toning is probably the product of an improperly executed dip.

I believe Lincolnman is right, on the auctions that can't be previewed and all you have are online images you may be able to return it.  If it was in one of their large auctions connected with a coin show where lot viewing was available then you can't .  (Their terms of sale say that TPG graded coins may not be returned for any reason.  Basically take it up with the TPG if you have a problem.)  Bill is also correct that if you have viewed the coins in person they may not be returned.

Is the coin bordering on Prooflike? This is how it could receive a Star in spite of splotchy color. What is the actual grade of this one? A low MS grade could easily be splotchy. If it's a high grade, send it to NGC for Appearance Review.

Heritage has gotten a Lot of my money in the past and to be completely Frank They have gone way over and above to earn it..

I don't see this as thier problem.

NGC is the Guarantor and they should have first whack at fixing thier coin/problem.

Just read their fine print. You have 3 days to return items that are internet-only, but if I read their terms correctly, this doesn't include Signature auctions. HA will charge a 9% handling fee on returns.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, LINCOLNMAN said:

Just read their fine print. You have 3 days to return items that are internet-only, but if I read their terms correctly, this doesn't include Signature auctions. HA will charge a 9% handling fee on returns.

I'm pretty good at math but now I have to add 9% to the already 20% BP ALONG with the $19 handling fee for a single coin!

Will I still have to pay the BP if I do return a coin?

1 minute ago, Raybo55 said:

I'm pretty good at math but now I have to add 9% to the already 20% BP ALONG with the $19 handling fee for a single coin!

Will I still have to pay the BP if I do return a coin?

I'm guessing not but it's a guess. 

You probably wouldn't have to pay the BP, but you would probably still have to pay the handling fee.  So you would get back the BP,your bid price less the 9% and less the $19.  And probably shipping expense to send it back.