• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

govmint.com

7 posts in this topic

I noticed you do not list govmint.com as a dealer.  They advertise NGC coins and I bought some graded American Silver Eagles from them.  I looked the coins up on your site and they appeared legit.  

Why are they not listed as a dealer yet as of today 1/16/18?

Anyone can advertise NGC coins for sale.  I would think the only time NGC would list a dealer for some reason is if they are an "authorized" dealer and all that means is they submit a very large number of coins to NGC, enough that they qualify for a discount on submissions.  It really isn't a recommendation of the dealer.  If govmint.com doesn't submit enough they aren't listed as an "authorized" dealer.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Any person or business having a dealer account with NGC is considered an authorized NGC dealer. The number of coins submitted does not affect this status.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Prospective account holders need to fill out a multi-page application and provide references from other dealers.

Conder,

I got an application 8 years ago but did not send it in. I would have to leave the registry sets to become a registered dealer. Since I enjoy the members that compete in the registry and use my sets listed as sales sets I did not submit the application.