• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver American Eagle-Cleveland Signature

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have noticed that there are a lot of signed silver eagles with various names out there... but of them all, I do not see a lot of Cleveland signed silver eagles...  Are they not collectable or are they few and far between?

I'm not sure what you mean. What are signed silver eagles? 

Who is Cleveland and why is he signing them (or not signing them)? 

Can you show us a picture of what you're asking about? 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC has certified silver eagles with baseball team names, so I imagine this is a reference to the Cleveland Indians.

There you go Jason --- Another new series of Silver Eagles to collect. If the TPG's keep it up there will be over 100 different slabs for every year and mint mark to collect.

Baseball series.... lol   Just tell me one thing ----- WHAT the HILLL does baseball have to do with Silver Eagles ??? (shrug)

46 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

There you go Jason --- Another new series of Silver Eagles to collect. If the TPG's keep it up there will be over 100 different slabs for every year and mint mark to collect.

Baseball series.... lol   Just tell me one thing ----- WHAT the HILLL does baseball have to do with Silver Eagles ??? (shrug)

It will become my mission to collect them all! I must have at least my weight in silver! 

Let's see, that's.... carry the one.... convert to troy... Ooh, I think they're going to have to come out with a few dozen more new labels! 

16 hours ago, AR15DCM said:

2017-W-American-Silver-Proof-Eagle-1-PCGS-PR70-Thomas-S-Cleveland-First-Strike2017-W-American-Silver-Proof-Eagle-1-PCGS-PR70-Thomas-S-Cleveland-First-Strike

I see. 

To me, having some random dude sign some random coin makes absolutely zero sense, and isn't worth buying. 

However, having him sign the label for a coin that he actually designed is kinda cool (I wouldn't pay much of a premium for it, but given the choice between that and a generic label for about the same price, I'd choose his). 

The PCGS press release, including a list of the coins he designed, can be found here: https://www.pcgs.com/news/us-mint-aip-master-designer-thomas

11 hours ago, AR15DCM said:

I have two PR70 and two MS70 of this coin.  They are the only coins I have that are signed, I just thought it was interesting to have the designer sign it.  

But that's my whole point - he didn't have anything to do with the silver eagles. There is no reason for him to sign these.