• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1975 no s proof coin

5 posts in this topic

Hi Louie,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what you have pictured is a regular 1975 Philadelphia Mint dime made for circulation with a mintage of around 586 Million coins.  The 1975 no S proof coins are just that, proof coins, meaning that they were made specifically for collectors and included in Proof Sets.  These sets are sealed in plastic cases containing a proof example of each denomination of coins minted in a particular year and they are sold to collectors at a premium.  As a result, these coins are not typically found in circulation.  They also look very different than coins struck for circulation.  They feature a mirror like finish and by 1975 they also often had frosted portraits and lettering, giving the coin a cameo appearance.  Any valuable 1975 no S coin would have to be a proof that came out of one of these collector sets.

No worries and I'm glad I could help!  I know what it's like to just be starting out with coins.......there's so much to learn!! But even knowing about the No S Proof Coins is a great piece of knowledge to have!  And signing up here is a great step to gaining more knowledge.  We have a knowledgeable community that isn't afraid to share what they've learned.  Keep at it.  There's always something new to learn and this is a great hobby!

N thank u again sir I'm just trying to make happen without a job no money waiting on as claim n i don't want to do the back no more it don't take me nowhere but to jail n I'm tier going there so start looking to cuz my only income is $200 I is very stressful n hard n that goes to my classes  god bless u sir n family