• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations to the 2017 Registry Award Winners

27 posts in this topic

The list of winners was just announced. I always look forward to seeing this list, and spending an afternoon flipping through the remarkable sets. 

There are some familiar names on here, and some fantastic sets. 

Congrats to everyone! 

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=6361

Thanks Physics-Fan and Congrats to you as well!

Some really amazing sets won this year and I'm pleasantly surprised and honored to be one of the winners myself!  Birds have given me so much happiness in my life, and now they've given me this amazing honor.  It seems right for my life that a set about birds would allow me to achieve something that has been so important to me.....I've wanted to win one of the big awards for almost 8 years now.  I'd like to extend my congratulations to the winners as well.  I've spent the afternoon examining the winning sets and they are all truly amazing.  The drive, passion, hard work and love are all readily apparent in every single winning set and you should all be so proud.  Not just of the award, but of the sets as well.  Possession of any of these sets is an honor in and of itself.  I look forward to what our community here builds in 2018! 

Once again, congratulations everyone!

~Tom

Congrats on your win physics!  Your PL set is very impressive. (And congrats also to Mohawk, who was posting while I was typing!)

I was heartened to see the work I put into my Peruvian Dinero set paid off with NGC deeming it the "Best World" set for 2017.  

Congrats to all those who won and also to those who didn't but put time and effort into making the NGC registry an informative viewing experience.

Some super coins and set's throughout the list.  Congrat's.

Of course my favorite is the Bingham early commemoratives.

physics-fan you have one of the most interesting and desirable sets I found. I was unaware of the existence of some of these coins. By the way I noticed your 49-S dime is incorrectly described as a 52-S. What a great accomplishment !

2 hours ago, numisport said:

physics-fan you have one of the most interesting and desirable sets I found. I was unaware of the existence of some of these coins. By the way I noticed your 49-S dime is incorrectly described as a 52-S. What a great accomplishment !

Haha, good catch! I have a 49S, 52S, and a 63D prooflike Silver Roosie. At some point, the wires must have gotten crossed ;)

Thanks for the compliments! 

Congratulations Jason!!!!  Good to see your efforts acknowledged, and thanks for providing the inspiration to search/collect PL's.  Congrats to everyone else as well!  Some spectacular sets!    

I also add my voice of congratulations to all the winners! It's not only the coins but the creativity and persistence of the winners to assemble such great sets. It is also the patience required to find just the right coins to populate the sets. I see all these attributes in your amazing proof-like set. Congratulations on such a spectacular set.

Gary

Congrats, Jason, and to all of this year's winners!

It's tough not to notice all of the hard work, patience, time and effort that is required and that the participants have put forth.

A true labor of passion. 

34 minutes ago, Amazon said:

Congratulations Jason! Surprised your set didn't win years ago. It's top notch. NGC dropped the ball on that.

One of the rules of the awards is that a set must be at least 50% complete in order to win. I achieved 50% in 2017. They didn't drop the ball on anything. 

On 1/27/2018 at 3:58 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

One of the rules of the awards is that a set must be at least 50% complete in order to win. I achieved 50% in 2017. They didn't drop the ball on anything. 

Ah, didn't realize that. My bad!

"I'm just a Poe boy & nobody loves me;  He's just a Poe boy from a Poe family"

^^  can't top that!

And congratulations on your best presented set award and to all the other 2017 set winners.