• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else get an email from USMint?

5 posts in this topic

I received an email today from US Mint urging me to sign up for enrollment programs and get free shipping: "Sign up today for an Enrollment Program and receive free budget shipping.". I called the mint customer service and asked if this was for all enrollment programs and after being on hold, was told yes, it applied to all enrollment programs. 

So, I enrolled for  ASE proof,  ASE unc, Silver proof set and clad proof sets, uncirculated (mint) sets and America the Beautiful silver proof sets. I guess time will tell if the free shipping is true.

I understand what "free shipping" is, but what is "free budget shipping".  You have to order a certain amount to get the free shipping?  or maybe they hold all you orders and package them all together at the end of the year and ship it for free (1 package).  I think I would want a little more explanation what "budget shipping" is.

Budget shipping is a method of shipping the mint uses. Budget shipping is the cheapest shipping option available, priced at $4.95 your package arrives in 1-2 weeks.  So if you order anything from the catalog and choose that method, it's $4.95 . Now if you are using the enrollment plan and have picked out items you want to buy on an annual basis, now it's FREE SHIPPING!!! You still get your package in around a week after it's released.  Not everything is available on subscription though, just the usual annual releases. 

Yep, it's the standard $4.95 shipping that they offer. I have Subs for a few things. My SAE Proof just shipped free shipping. I've also always received my coins in about a week from the mint. Of course on another note, with the prices they charge, the shipping should have been free  from day one!