• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US, World, and Ancient Coins

7 posts in this topic

I am new to collecting, and have bought multiple and stated “original” coins that have been graded and ungraded from eBay. I would like to submit my coins in bulk and get them graded by NGC and auctioned on Heritage. I have US, World, and Ancient Coins that could be worth a fortune. What level should I upgrade on and is it possible to have them all submitted at once without having to pay a ton for grading? I am planning on sending out 30-40 coins. Thank you.

4E9D62FD-5716-4B8F-A708-F302D9DA0947.jpeg

4200767C-73D5-4AEE-901B-B492205A755A.jpeg

17BC2DF5-918E-4C9C-9740-7E27C76AA818.jpeg

The Elite level gives you access to bulk submissions and comes with a $150.00 credit which added to lower prices for submissions will quickly make up the difference to the lower levels. I started at the lowest level and upgraded when I submitted coins the first time as the credit paid for my upgrade.  The problem you will have is that you have U.S. and world coins to submit so Its going to be difficult to qualify for bulk rates.

Bob Sr. CEO Fieldtechs

Thanks Bob! If I could separate  the category of coins, then I would still be able to save for a set at a time. For example, I would send US coins in bulk, then Ancient, then World. My question is if the credit of $150 would be applied every time. What level would you suggest for me at this time to save the most? Thanks!

Hanalei08,

Slow down a bit.  Are your sure what you have is worth submitting?  You say you are new to collecting so I would assume you are not experienced at grading or coin values..  For example at what authenticating and grading costs, I don't think there is anything in the coins you posted worth slabbing.  If you think you have something worth slabbing I would suggest you post pictures in the appropriate forums (US or world, ancient) and get some opinions from experienced collectors.  It will save you a bundle.  (For example the silver dollars you pictured are common dates and circulated.  They are worth around $17 each.  They will cost you about $25 each in slabbing fees, plus shipping, call it $30 each to slab.  After slabbing they will be worth. $17.)

Hey Condor:

Once again I bow to your expertise and knowledge. I had the same thoughts on those U.S. coins. You are correct in your response about grading, but I am not an expert on World coins and when I looked at  those pictured, I couldn't make a knowledgeable gradient but the question was regarding level of submission , and all things considered including using a dealer to submit coins when you look at just 4 coins, it is more economical to join and submit them yourself, that way you have a whole year to possibly submit others, to further reduce your costs per coin. I am a collector so when I submit coins, Its because I want them to retain their looks into the future. I don't normally collect to sell, I collect as a fun investment through which I can do my part to preserve some of our history, plus I'm just a sucker for an error free well toned any coin. It's my nosy nature I can't help but wonder where those coins appeared and whose hands did they go through , how did they get to this point.

Bob Sr. CEO Fieldtechs

I was just worried from the tone of his OP and then the images he posted that  he was just going to bundle up everything he had and send it in.  I'm just trying to keep him from spending a lot of money getting stuff certified that wouldn't be worth doing so.  So I suggested  he slow down and get more opinions on individual items first before he runs off says "Here's my money, take it."

Condor:

I have seen your posting across almost all categories and your advise and comments are always spot on so I understand.  Hanalei08 a little research on your part could save you lots of money on submissions and expand your knowledge. Coinquest. com is an excellent tool to identify your coins and will quickly inform you if you have a valuable rarity. You can then go to this (NGC) websites price guide and get a general idea of a coins worth. with that knowledge, you can then selectively ask for assistance in determining a close grade for that coin. Then make an informed decision on what to send for grading. A few years back, I was in the same boat you are in and  I discarded a coin I thought worthless because it was a small copper and was dirty and worn. Turns out it was the key with very limited production and one of the better grades. I later sold that little copper for several thousand dollars, so take heart, you may not find anything super valuable and then again, you may find a bonanza. Either way, gaining knowledge is always a bonus.

Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs