• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never submitted to NGC before...questions

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've only submitted across the street before, and am trying to gauge how NGC works before I send my 5 figure coin off to them.   I've found that NGC's internet presence is kind of wonky with lots of dead links, outdated info, etc. and i can't seem to find a printable submission form.

I'm wondering, when I send a coin to NGC, will I have an account page where the submission will be marked as received/in process and the grade posted when it's available?  Also, does NGC only return coins by Registered Mail?  I got that sense, but seems like overkill imo for coins of all values?  Anything else I should know?

Yes, you can create an account where you can track everything. 

And yes, they ship Registered. I think they have other options, but even if you are sending a small submission worth a few hundred dollars, it's worth it. 

I find NGC website to be up to date, accurate and informative not to mention valuable Coin Explorer. If you just call customer service they will gladly send you submission forms if you are a member. Be aware that registered mail is an extra 2 or 3 days longer than normal (10 days rather than 7 from California) for reasons nobody can explain. My submission tracking often shows my coins sit there in Tampa for a couple days.

Once you sign up for an account, submitting is easy (I just submitted a bunch of notes to PMG).  You can fill out each line item on the form submission or there is an option for a printable pdf.  I find the online form easy as you get everything in there correctly and then it automatically formats and prints the 4 needed copies.  Once you click submit, it's live in the system and they do a nice job of e-mailing when things happen (last week I received an e-mail that the submission was received).  Now I can check each day if I want and see the submission go through each stage (since mine are economy, I don't check very often) but with a high-value coin going through a walk through or express, you can check and see the results more quickly.  Hope this helps.

Here's what gets me steamed about submissions : 8 dollar handling per ticket. Often I submit 2 or 3 coins in different categories meaning each coin goes on a different ticket and needs an extra 8 bucks per ticket. Hey NGC we are collectors and don't submit huge numbers of coins ! Waive that handling fee for us Collector Society members; they all come to you in the same box.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, None123 said:

Hey guys, I've only submitted across the street before, and am trying to gauge how NGC works before I send my 5 figure coin off to them.   I've found that NGC's internet presence is kind of wonky with lots of dead links, outdated info, etc. and i can't seem to find a printable submission form.

I'm wondering, when I send a coin to NGC, will I have an account page where the submission will be marked as received/in process and the grade posted when it's available?  Also, does NGC only return coins by Registered Mail?  I got that sense, but seems like overkill imo for coins of all values?  Anything else I should know?

You know I think almost every coin I sent in to NGC was a 5 figure coin. In my mind, And when the reality that they were really 3 figures hit home I was appreciative of the fact that I could speak with someone and they could explain it to me...

Across the street you get STFU you're lucky we take your friggen Money Newbtard....