• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1877 Indian Head Penny

3 posts in this topic

This looks to have a lot of evironmental damage to me. The porous holes bother me also. If sent in, I would guess the best it would get is an authenticity grade. If its authentic. I'm not sure what miracles NCS is capable of though. Maybe someone else will know better. 

The porous look is symptomatic of environmental damage. I don't think NCS can fix that. That being said, I sent several world coins to NCS for conservation and subsequently to grading. My purpose wasn't to prep them for resale. My purpose was that NCS could fix improperly stored coins that had dirty residue on the coins. I was very pleased with the results. They were returned with much better eye appeal and the patina and hues were much more distinguishable after restoration. They all have places of honor in my collection display today. It was worth the extra $30.00. If your intent is to sell the coins for a profit, I probably wouldn't take a chance. I would sell them as is and shoot for a better grade.

Bob Sr. CEO Fieldtechs