• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1953 PDS Washingtons for the B toner Dansco

6 posts in this topic

Here are the 1953 PDS Washingtons for the B toner Dansco.  The P and D images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.    

bc1953_rWA1o7t.jpg

bc1953_rWA1r3.jpg

bc1953D_rWA4o5.jpg

bc1953D_rWA4r5.jpg

bc1953D_rWA4rRepunchD.jpg

sc1953S_65+WAo.JPG

sc1953S_65+WAr.JPG

Have been following your Dansco toner collection for a while and I love this stuff. Are any or all of these coins raw ? Also allow me to mention that I've seen Dansco coins tend to 'brown' over time and I hope yours keep that beautiful mint set color. Good storage conditions may be the key.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, numisport said:

Have been following your Dansco toner collection for a while and I love this stuff. Are any or all of these coins raw ? Also allow me to mention that I've seen Dansco coins tend to 'brown' over time and I hope yours keep that beautiful mint set color. Good storage conditions may be the key.

Thank you for your kind comments.  ALL my coins in the Danscos are raw.  Some I've bought slabbed and cracked them to put them in the Dansco, but that's a relatively small percentage.

With regards to toning in Danscos, some of the toners I've picked up, I've gotten directly out of Danscos.  There is a fairly standard color progression in them that can be quite attractive.  However, most coins I've seen in Danscos have not toned.  Given that I live in a fairly dry climate, and the house is kept at a relatively moderate temperature, I suspect that additional toning on the coins in the albums should be relatively minimal.