• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Security feature for stolen NGC coins?

3 posts in this topic

Sirs,

Maybe I missed something.  Been a coin dealer for a long time but things change fast.

Can the information on the labels within your NGC holders be used to track stolen coins?  Like the serial number on currency.

If so, where can I access the data base?  If there is a data base of stolen NGC coins does it include law enforcement contact information?

Would you be willing to host such a data base?

If not current practice, is it possible to include individual serial numbers on the labels inside your NGC holders?  

Law enforcement is challenged to recover stolen property that doesn't have a serial number.  Insurance market response?

I am aware that coins can be removed from your holders.  

Thanks,

George@wakeforestcoins.com

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. NGC labels are printed with a unique NGC certification number. If NGC receives a police report identifying the NGC certification numbers of coins that have been stolen, it will note that the numbers have been reported stolen in its system. A list of NGC-certified numbers that have been reported stolen is not made publicly available by NGC. This list is used by NGC to identify coins that have been reported stolen if they are later submitted to NGC. We wish you the best of luck in retrieving your stolen items.