• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US 2002 p Indiana State Coin Error

4 posts in this topic

I found this quarter in my husband's pocket.  On Obverse it looks two necks, a double circular imprint. On reverse another circular design and e pluribus unum does not look rightIMG_20171024_100016.thumb.jpg.4b2560aa5f104d97dd6990e517f903b3.jpgIMG_20171024_100016.thumb.jpg.4b2560aa5f104d97dd6990e517f903b3.jpgpluribus unum does not look right.  It looks like a car ran over the obverse and the reverse. I think it is an error but not sure. If you need more pics let me know.

IMG_20171024_095204.jpg

IMG_20171024_100016.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. There is a possibility that this coin incurred post mint damage which would not be considered a mint error. Unfortunately, our graders would need to see the coin in hand to determine if it is an error.  

• Administrator

My apologies for the delayed response as I was not notified of your recent question. Our graders would need to examine the coin to determine if it is a mint error or a post production alteration/error. We would not be able to attribute a coin as a mint error if post production alteration was done. To submit coins you can become a paid member of our collector society or you can submit through an NGC authorized dealer below. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit-coins/how-to-submit.aspx