• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 V.D.B. MPL?

7 posts in this topic

Found this very nice 1909 v.d.b in one of my childhood coin boxes I had started 20+ years ago that I recently found. The picture doesn’t do it justice as it has very nice toning and great eye appeal. However in light of new discovery in 1909 MPL, it has me wondering if this is one. I’m open to all opinions. Thanks.

E20BD564-C489-4E27-A5CA-9CAD7E971A64.jpeg

36D637D4-7E3A-4BB0-A0F8-BD7F89A28599.jpeg

I would say no. Only one reverse was used to strike all Proof VDB's. The dot between the D and B on yours appears to be closer to the D. On the Proof VDB the dot is centered.

VDBproofDot1.jpg

VDBproofDot2.jpgVDBproofDot3.jpg

Non Proof 

VDBbizzDot2.jpg

5 hours ago, Conder101 said:

And you don't need to ask the same question three times on two different forums

I guess it is possible a person participates in one forum and not another. It is also possible an unintended double posting by the OP occurred. The person just joined, and possibly does not have the lay of the land, yet. We can be a little tolerant and forgiving to a new member. It is not like we have an invading army of new members.

3 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Matte Proof Lincoln, maybe? (shrug)

Oh.....I missed the obvious entirely!  :)

I was thinking "matte proof-like" ----