• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s

6 posts in this topic

That's not a grade.  Might be an attribution.  For example large cents from 1816 to 1857 are attributed by Newcomb numbers.  Usually expressed as N-# but sometimes seen as N#.   Can you explain how it was used?  Date, denomination, any other description that was given with the coin?

1916-S   5C N1 0 1569       Active

buffalo nickle-can't remember but i think this is AU

1930-S   25C N1 0 1387       Active

standing liberty quarter-BU

1831   50C N1 0 2483       Active

capped bust half dollar-avg circ

I sent these coins and others 10 coins in all, to be graded. These three came back with this grade. I searched the www to see if i could learn about what this is and found nothing that gave me a definition of this classification (?) I want to send these coins to an auction, plus others I bought already graded.Thank you Conder101 for your reply, I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Shawn

Can't say for sure but it might be "no grade".  I assume this is the response on the TPG's website for your submission.  Does it indicate the coins been shipped back to you yet?  We may just have to wait until they arrive to find out what is actually on the labels.

OK did some searching and it is how PCGS indicates a genuine coin not suitable for grading.  So you coins have some kind of problem that prevents them from getting a straight grade.

Hi Conder,

The coins should arrive sometime this week. Kinda dissapointed if the N1 grade means the coins aren't suitable for grading.

I bought most of my coins from APMEX, and I have already contacted them about this. On a happier note, I have a chance to buy some mint sets

1979 and other years. The owner e-mailed me and said yes the sets are available. I'll keep ya in the know, and how it goes. Thanks for your time Conder.

Hi Conder,

The coins should arrive sometime this week. Kinda dissapointed if the N1 grade means the coins aren't suitable for grading.

I bought most of my coins from APMEX, and I have already contacted them about this. On a happier note, I have a chance to buy some mint sets

1979 and other years. The owner e-mailed me and said yes the sets are available. I'll keep ya in the know, and how it goes. Thanks for your time Conder.