• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Liberty 225th Anniversary Silver Four-Medal Set

6 posts in this topic

This is apparently the last of the 225th Anniversary sets limited to 50,000. I would like to hear what each think of the design and of the end result of the series. Personally, the artists appear to be etching some designs that are questionable.

MINT 1.png

Mint 2.png

Mint 3.png

RE: " Personally, the artists appear to be etching some designs that are questionable. "

They all seem to be the same design.... ?

Addendum:

Does 'lady liberty' appear to have a somewhat dark complexion and "Is this the same lady liberty", on the American Eagle?

* These are 'medals' "not" coins! ; rather expensive.

These are Medals not coins. A whole different animal than coins. Medals aren't as popular as coins. So Medals have a much smaller following and smaller demand so they don't bring as much money as U.S. coins. Most modern medals I see don't bring premiums close to U.S. coins when they have similar mintage's, so even though they have a mintage of 50,000 that may be considered high for a Medal. 

12 hours ago, synoptic12 said:

Addendum:

Does 'lady liberty' appear to have a somewhat dark complexion and "Is this the same lady liberty", on the American Eagle?

Since "Lady Liberty" is an allegorical figure and not a real physical person, she can be represented as any race or ethnicity you chose, so yes it is the same Lady Liberty.  In the past on out coinage she has always been represents as a Caucasian but there is no reason she can't be represented by other races.  I believe they plan to do just that on future examples of the gold high relief $100 and silver medals.  But they will all be Lady Liberty.