• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 MS 70 Palladium Coin

4 posts in this topic

Anyone purchase tis coin preorder?  Also, it is worth hanging on to it for awhile?   Doesn't seem Platinum in 1997 held any value...or Gold.  Unless, someone who's knows the outlook in the future :(.   I was told only 15,000 minted, and between the 9 vendors, what is the percentage of MS 70 to 69?  Did some math, and both PCGS and NGS has increase MS 70, PR 70 in mass quantity from 2010 to 2017.   An the quick entry and exit strategy for silver, gold, platinum seem to benefit the dealers and marketers.

To muddy the water the US Mint decided to sale 50,000 minted 2017 on October 5, 2017.  Which was sold out in 32 hours, and then they back track the minimum 2 order per user on Friday/Saturday....and now has "Unavailable."   I am tired of the hipe, and just want a decent entry into the market.   The varieties and "signed" signatures are killing everyone.

The planchet was actually shipped in from PAMP?   and how will this help the market going forward ?  If a foreign company bought out the only US firm in Montana?

First paragraph: yes 15,000 total spread between 9 distributors.  The 70/60 percentage? who knows too soon to tell.

Second paragraph: Not sure what you are talking about unless you mean the Limted edition silver proof set, in which case it was 75,000 not 50,000 and it was still on sale at the time when they dropped the 2 per household limit.  The set was on sale for a decent length of time anyone that wanted it had a chance to get one.

Paragraph three:  I don't know who prepared the planchets but the Mint has had outside venders making all the precious metal planchets for many years now.  As for buying out the only firm, there is only one mine in the US producing platinum and palladium as a primary material.  And the mint is supposed to use domestically produced metal for the bullion coins whenever possible.  That one mine is owned by a Russian company. 

8 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

First paragraph: yes 15,000 total spread between 9 distributors.  The 70/60 percentage? who knows too soon to tell.

Second paragraph: Not sure what you are talking about unless you mean the Limted edition silver proof set, in which case it was 75,000 not 50,000 and it was still on sale at the time when they dropped the 2 per household limit.  The set was on sale for a decent length of time anyone that wanted it had a chance to get one.

Paragraph three:  I don't know who prepared the planchets but the Mint has had outside venders making all the precious metal planchets for many years now.  As for buying out the only firm, there is only one mine in the US producing platinum and palladium as a primary material.  And the mint is supposed to use domestically produced metal for the bullion coins whenever possible.  That one mine is owned by a Russian company. 

Limited Edition Silver Proof was 50k, not 75k.  Congratulations set was 75k.  

Thanks! Obviously, this doesn't sit well with the average colletor :(.   We will never know the truth from PCGS, NGC or the Mint.   Somehow I feel the collectors will be taken advantage off.