• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clueless need help please

3 posts in this topic

I came across some coins the other day and have no idea what the value is or not. I did a little looking online but got various answers. I even went to a local coin shop and the guy was very rude so i left. Any help would be most appreciated. One of the coins i have is in a plastic case it says...2014-w $5 anacs- ms70 national baseball hall of fame a first strike coin anacs certified #07 of 99 it is a small gold coin i also have a larger silver one dollar. I dnt know if u can put pics? 1st time here any advice wld be great. Thank you!!

The coin has just under a quarter oz of gold in it so that gives you a floor value of about $320.  If you take Zebo's suggestion and look at completed auctions on ebay you can pretty much ignore the 'First Strike" and "#7 of 99" those are pretty much meaningless.  And like he said an ANACS MS-70 will not be worth as much as a PCSG or NGC MS-70.  The quality may be just as good, but people won't pay as large a premium unless the holder says PCGS or NGC..