• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare coin dealer robbed during hurricane Irma

3 posts in this topic

Tom Pilitowski, of US Rare Coin Investments, "Mr EarlyGold"  reports on the CU forum that he was robbed of rare coins amounting to 6 figures.  He asked that this be posted over here.  This is a link to the CU forum post.  https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987075/rare-coin-robbery#latest

I hope he is doing well and his property is recovered. 

Terrible news.

He used to be a "Jersey Boy," as he phrased it (I think a coin shop out of Belmar, NJ, a long, long time ago.) and I'd have to promise to buy him a "real Jersey pizza" if he gave me the price break I was asking him for.

Have kept all his correspondence to me.  Always a class act where he would hand write a personal letter on beautiful stationary with every enclosure.

So many times I've viewed online his rare-coins/rare-coin-archives over the years.  If you want to see some beautiful "early gold," the pics in his archives have them.

Hoping for the best, Tom, for both your health and the return of as much as possible of these stolen items.

- Bob

The thread ATS has turned into the Jerry Springer show.  Very entertaining and tons of bad advice tossed around with cats and dogs.  Someone should mention to the arm chair lawyer wannabes that lawyers can be disbarred for telling their clients to edit or delete public posts, not to mention get charged with obstruction of justice / tampering with evidence.