• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Coins.

6 posts in this topic

As posted over on CU.

I am still going thru all the boxes but I've been robbed for quite a lot of money. Among some of the items , 1799 half eagle ngc au-58 CAC, 1800 half eagle AU-58 CAC . I wil post as much as I can determine has been stolen as soon as I have full power after the hurricane. PLEASE advise if you see any of these and note than again, as soon as I have full electric I'll have the police here and file a FULL report and yes I do know who is the thief and I shall prosecute to whatever extent the law allows me to even be involved. Total value 6 figures.

I will update and add link later.

link to original post.

contact info of owner.
Tom Pilitowski
US Rare Coin Investments
800-624-1870

Hope he recovers the stolen material but can't say it's a surprise. 

I'd like to think he had someone else manning the ship over the past few years as I got a raw deal from his outfit, received no follow up from customer service, none whatsoever, and when I couldn't help notice the record setting bumps in the BST I figured I'd get a response sending  a PM.

Why, because I thought maybe he'd want to know, and if someone else was running the show, but instead somebody told their Mama and I got bammed. 

1 hour ago, casman said:

Hope he recovers the stolen material but can't say it's a surprise. 

I'd like to think he had someone else manning the ship over the past few years as I got a raw deal from his outfit, received no follow up from customer service, none whatsoever, and when I couldn't help notice the record setting bumps in the BST I figured I'd get a response sending  a PM.

Why, because I thought maybe he'd want to know, and if someone else was running the show, but instead somebody told their Mama and I got bammed. 

Having an acquaintance with the individual, I am betting there is a lot more to the story than your presented version. Why is it not a surprise? Is that implying that if an individual had or has a grudge about a numismatic transaction, robbing the person he/she has a grudge against is not a surprise, but the norm?

On 9/13/2017 at 9:15 AM, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Having an acquaintance with the individual, I am betting there is a lot more to the story than your presented version. Why is it not a surprise? Is that implying that if an individual had or has a grudge about a numismatic transaction, robbing the person he/she has a grudge against is not a surprise, but the norm?

Nothing more to the story. 

I found his website Thanks to his sigline ATS.  I placed an order, paid, and paid extra for expedited shipping.  Eight days later and without any type of email notification that I'd even placed an order, I sent a message through his customer service asking for a status. 

Nothing, no response at all even after 3 days.  So I send another message through customer service, again, no response.  A few days later, I get a notification from Paypal that I have a pending refund.  Yes pending for approximately 3 days before it cleared.  Yet the item remained on sale on his website. 

Finally I noticed the non-stop bumping of his BST stuff for sale which by the way holds the record ATS for the longest running bumster daily for years.  So, I thought you know what, I'm going to send a PM, as maybe he's got someone else running the shop and needs to know.  I said thought you'd want to know your customer service sucks.  And with that, a few hours later, I'm unable to log in, and got Bammed.  Forum favorites apparently get a pass for bad service and plenty of free advertising. 

As far as my not surprised comment it's because it seemed like he had "other people" running the show and that they failed to answer my customer service emails.  When you don't pay attention, things can happen without your knowledge.