• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

55-D Toned Lincolns

3 posts in this topic

Over the last few years I've been accumulating BU rolls from various road trips and coin shows. A while back I went through my 55-S rolls, and recently went through my 58-D and am now going through 55-D. Out of about 60 rolls, I found a surprisingly small number of varieties and errors. Only found a handful of RPMs, and a few different BIEs. I still need to look through a bunch of "odd" coins I put aside. In the search, there were a couple Toned rolls. One was obviously a made-up roll of mostly OBW roll end coins. The other was an original roll that had a range of toning, with perhaps half the roll having interesting enough toning to photograph. I started today on the first few coins, and will publish these and the rest as I find time.

I'm using a True Gray background to ensure the coins are presented in their true color, and consistent brightness. It's pretty easy to mess up color and brightness when you don't carry a reference along with the coin, but with the True Gray background it's much easier. This is important for Toned Cents because they have such a wide range of color and brightness.

IMG_5930_1.jpg

IMG_5931_1.jpg

IMG_5932_1.jpg

IMG_5933_1.jpg

Nice photo's.  I recently opened up a roll of 1982-D bronze Large dates, and many of those have nice toning.  Not as dramatic as your earlier wheats; but subtle, and most appear high grade.  Thanks for the tip on using a true grey background to photograph.