• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning on "Endeavor1967"

1 post in this topic

He posted about WTB some old US currency. I had some but sold it shortly after I contacted him. He flooded me with messages asking about them. Nothing super strange about that : maybe just wanted to see what I had.

When I got back with him I apologized for the delay and he was fairly aggressive asking me to send pictures and what I had. Again nothing strange. I only had one bill and he wanted to see it so I sent it.  Then it got a little odd. He just kept asking what I could get pictures of.  I said I don't really collect paper currency but kept asking. Then wanted see what coins I had. He asked non-stop what I had.  I told him I can keep him in mind but he would never give specifics. Just "old currency". The ONLY thing I could get out of him was he like "national notes" but beyond that he seemingly had no ability to communicate what he collected. None. 

I told him I only had the one and told him a number and he said sounded good. Then immediately went back to asking what I could get. I'm not a dealer so I can ask casually around but no promises. He again asked me to just email him and he wanted to see some of early US coins. I think I mentioned some capped bust half dollars and some large cents: yes send me that. I said get back with me and we can set up buying the one bill I had. He told me to email him what else I could and get back with him tomorrow. Strange but fine.

Stopped responding.  I texted asking if still wanted it: no reply. I called him (maybe he is not a big texter). No call back. Called day later and no answer but a text asking why I was calling him. I reminded him who I was: no reply.

He had no intention of buying anything. He never gave even the slightest details on what he had, showed zero knowledge of what he collected, didn't haggle one bit on my one bill, and just kept saying over and over about how he was a major currency collector but showed a novice at best grasp of it all. 

He was pic hunting. He kept on and over (way too aggressively) asking for pictures. Not details: pictures.

I looked and just 7 months ago he was on this forum and posted: 

"I am not very knowledgeable about coins. I am selling off an accumulation that was left to me by a family member.

I can take additional images or make a video. To me this coin looks amazing."

I strongly suggest you avoid this member.