• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great collections fees going up

8 posts in this topic

Just read across the street effective Aug 27 GC is charging a extra 2.5% for CC and Paypal.. UGH.. all these auction houses seem to want to get in our wallets.. I get it they gotta make a living but dont ya think they are killing the collector .. JMHO:ohnoez:

GC has to charge more for pay-pal fees. You can't expect Ian to eat the higher charges that e-bay/ paypal charges. I no longer charge 3% pay pal as the  charge has gone up. Price has to include cost inflation from other businesses used.

23 hours ago, Six Mile Rick said:

GC has to charge more for pay-pal fees. You can't expect Ian to eat the higher charges that e-bay/ paypal charges. I no longer charge 3% pay pal as the  charge has gone up. Price has to include cost inflation from other businesses used.

I didn't notice - what is the paypal fee these days? Guess I should look it up - but others may want to know.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, Zebo said:

I didn't notice - what is the paypal fee these days? Guess I should look it up - but others may want to know.

Paypal fees remain the same: 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction.

But the increased incentive for those who like to pay with credit cards and get cash back is the silver lining here.  GC offers an excellent alternative for sellers to get quality photography, strong buyers and fast payment.  And I haven't done business with them in years, but like their flexibility.