• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certified Morgan Dollars

5 posts in this topic

I have been reading the book written by Michael Standish about Morgan Dollars.  In it he has charts that tell the number of coins certified for each grade by PCGS.  However, when I check the PCGS website, I don't often find these numbers to be accurate...even close. Why would that be?  Is there a resource I can access that can tell me the accurate numbers for all certified coins for each grade?  

Haven't looked at the numbers, but the numbers in the book are going to be probably at least four years old, and a lot of dollars have probably been graded in the meantime.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:20 AM, Conder101 said:

Haven't looked at the numbers, but the numbers in the book are going to be probably at least four years old, and a lot of dollars have probably been graded in the meantime.

Ditto 

Web site should be the most current figures ( One would assume ;) )

On 1/30/2020 at 1:19 PM, jgrinz said:

Ditto 

Web site should be the most current figures ( One would assume ;) )

Also consider that crossover coins do not get removed unless the person sends them the old cert from in the holder. NGC returns them to you with your newly graded coins, but I doubt anyone sends them back. So the numbers will never be correct especially on ones with lower certification quantities. Probably would not make that much difference on ones with large quantities.

Edited by asdfgh