• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading advice

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, my name is Paul and I live in the United Kingdom. I have several Proof sovereigns, some I purchased directly from the Royal Mint and some from other collectors. I have been considering sending these to NGC for grading but have a few questions.

Firstly when a coin gets graded does it get cleaned first so it's in its best condition before grading or does it just get graded as is? The reason I ask as I have not handled my Proof coins but not sure if previous owners have.

Then the only other questions I have is how do complete the whole grading service as I have looked and it still seems pretty confusing on what tier etc to select. If someone could give me a step by step guide I would be most appreciated.

Regards

Paul

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. If you would like to have the coins conserved by our NCS team you can choose that option when filling out the submission form. Please note that all coins on the invoice will be routed to our NCS department. Therefore if you have coins you do not wish to conserve you will need to place those on a separate invoice. We would not suggest cleaning the coins as this may cause irreparable damage to the surface of the coins. When submitting coins you must first determine the proper grading tier for your coins. Please note that you only choose one grading tier or service per submission form. If you have a wide range of coins you may need to fill out multiple submission forms.