• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of this design?

12 posts in this topic

What do you think of the new Isle of Man designs for 2017? They switched mints this year. It is the first time since 1980 that a five pound coin has been minted.

image.jpg

These are circulating coins - in the Isle of Man. They make NCLT and legal tender. The goat is:

A Manx Loaghtan, a native breed of sheep, whose serene face is centered on the coin. These distinctive sheep are charactised by their four (or occasionally six) horns. The word Loaghtan comes from the Manx words lugh dhoan, which mean mouse-brown and describe the colour of the sheep’s coat.

2 Pounds—The reverse of this bi-metallic coin depicts an image of the Tower of Refuge, along with two seagulls in flight. The tower is an instantly recognisable feature of Douglas Bay and was built on the instigation of Sir William Hillary (1770–1847), the founder of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

Are they actually intended for circulation, or just business strike quality?

And I like the artist renditions, now need to see how well they translate to actual coins.

4 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Are they actually intended for circulation, or just business strike quality?

And I like the artist renditions, now need to see how well they translate to actual coins.

They are circulating coins in the Isle of Man.

2 hours ago, jcriller said:

i like it, wish i could get my hands on a set

You can have your very own set for something like 37.50 £ plus shipping. I bought the 2 pound with ebay bucks. I might buy the others. 

On July 23, 2017 at 9:27 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

I've never seen a sheep with four horns! That's crazy! 

1024px-Manx_Loaghtan_Butser_Ancient_Farm

I'll raise you another

image.jpg

On 7/25/2017 at 11:05 PM, Zebo said:

You can have your very own set for something like 37.50 £ plus shipping. I bought the 2 pound with ebay bucks. I might buy the others. 

ill definately have a look