• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me find a coin

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for a NGC pf70 2002 S clad Louisana quarter. I'm trying to get a complete set of PF70 coins for the year my son was born and I'm having trouble locating this coin. Please let me know if you can help.

thanks ;)

Go pick out a nice 2002 proof set. If you are picky they are already Pf 70 anyway all in the same holder for a fraction of the price.

Thanks Zebo!!  (thumbsu

I purchase my PF70UC clad quarters in sets that are already 70UC. Hard to part with just 1 out of 5 coins. I would be interested in selling the Silver set and the clad piece if Mike is interested in filling a complete silver and clad set.

Rick

I have all of the other coins so just need the Louisana clad quarter to complete my set. I've been looking on eBay but I have only found the Silver quarter on there so far but I'm sure one will show up eventually if I can't locate one here. 

Thanks ;)

3 hours ago, Mcoder77 said:

What is TPG?

* Third Party Grading/Grader

MINT > TPG's, but somehow, may be because of the illusion of perfection, for some people TPG slabs > Mint Sets. If you can afford buy both for your beloved.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, numisport said:

Go pick out a nice 2002 proof set. If you are picky they are already Pf 70 anyway all in the same holder for a fraction of the price.

This is not good advice. You can waste a lot money on grading fees and postage by doing that. PR-70 coins are a combination of truly high grade pieces and luck. The dealers who sell that sort of thing send in many coins to get the cream. A collector who sends in only a few coins, who gets the PR-70 they want, has had an experience a kin to buying a $500 scratch ticket. Buy the coin in the holder you want. Don't depend on getting what you want from raw coins or coins in "third world" certification holders.

5 hours ago, BillJones said:

This is not good advice. You can waste a lot money on grading fees and postage by doing that. PR-70 coins are a combination of truly high grade pieces and luck. The dealers who sell that sort of thing send in many coins to get the cream. A collector who sends in only a few coins, who gets the PR-70 they want, has had an experience a kin to buying a $500 scratch ticket. Buy the coin in the holder you want. Don't depend on getting what you want from raw coins or coins in "third world" certification holders.

Yes I understand your comments and maybe I underestimate just how many people collect Pf 70 coins. If there ends up being huge demand for this material then markets will allow premiums to be collected. For my money however I like rarity 2nd to eye appeal and I just don't see this happening with modern proofs. There will be large numbers of Pf 69 Ultras to be had for 10 bucks in same holders anyway that may not look any worse at arms length. Also consider the fact that a few hundred 1963 or 1964 silver quarters exist in 69 Ultra or deep cameo that will be at least a hundred times as rare. Not to mention these coins are struck in higher relief and appear nearly perfect if one looks at a few. I sometimes wonder if real collector coins are even wanted anymore or is it just me ?

Clad set -- https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=147215

Silver set -- https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=163427

The fun is in putting the sets together.  Modern coins of today are tomorrows past and history. :)