• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1975 "no s" dime found

10 posts in this topic

I've been intrigued by coins for about two years and have gained much knowledge over that period of time. Recently I stumbled across a set of 1975 coins neatly packaged. On the back was written uncirculated. These haven't been touch since being put in this set I would presume. I'm familiar with the 1975 proof "no s" dime and I feel like I may have one. I'm not an upgraded meme ER and need some help because this dime looks like a proof to me and seems to meet all of the requirements of this special coin. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm uncertain of whether or not a coin could resemble a proof of that year without being one. Thanks so much I'm very excited to hear from everyone.

I literally just joined I would love to post a pic tell me how. I'll try and figure it out I was under the impression you couldn't submit without upgrading as I said I joined minutes ago

5 minutes ago, Brandi1234 said:

I literally just joined I would love to post a pic tell me how. I'll try and figure it out I was under the impression you couldn't submit without upgrading as I said I joined minutes ago

when you "Reply To Topic", you'll see a Paperclip: just follow directions

but, start with the Reeding: match it up to a BU Clad Dime; if it "looks the same", it's a Business Strike. If it appears sharp and lustrous between the Well-Defined reeding, then... maybe

1 minute ago, Brandi1234 said:

Post Pics HERE so we all can see it

The OP said the set was marked "Uncirculated." That would rule out the proof dime. P mint coins did not have mintmarks at this time, and so I'm guessing you might have a semi-prooflike business strike dime.

We really need pictures to be able to tell you anything.