• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Varieties

2 posts in this topic

I am a Lincoln cent (and other things) collector.  My bias is to avoid the mints quality problems.  We all know the story of the 1922 no D and the splash of the 1955 DDO but the reality is they were not business strikes - no matter how the marketing hype of the time has positioned them.  And after 1995 it only gets worse.  I have no objection to collection including varieties, but I think NGC has a responsibility to create a competitive set that does not incorporate the mint's quality problems - no matter the "tradition" and the hype.  So when we have a set called "Complete Lincolns" (or anything else) lets avoid the mint errors that often make dealer's wealthy but that do little to enhance the life of those who pay the every day bills by collecting "regular coins.