• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED! Collector expertise for INCO and Gould pattern research

3 posts in this topic

As many members are aware, I am in the middle of detailed research into the INCO and Gould “private pattern” pieces made 1963-1965 and 1977-1978 respectively.

The subject involves several technical areas that are unlike those of other numismatic research. I am looking for collectors who can provide professional expertise in the following subject areas:

Mechanical and electromechanical coin discriminators.

Metallurgy, particularly alloy characteristics and laminate bonding.

Powdered metal part fabrication including density control and sintering.

Tasks would be limited to reviewing and criticizing draft material dealing with these subjects, answering questions, and providing corrections that will communicate complicated concepts to coin collectors in language that is reader-friendly.

Everyone helping will receive ample recognition in any published work, and a complimentary copy of the finished product.

Drop me a PM if you have the skills and interest.

To be clear, I could easily go to my contacts the U.Md (Physics ), U Va and Va Tech -- but I want true coin collector perspective on the physics and metallurgy - not just the technical digits.