• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NON-CC GSA dollars

2 posts in this topic

I have an 1885-O NGC MS65 and a 1879-S NGC MS63PL.  Can anyone tell me where I can find accurate price information on these and other GSA dollars?   GSA VAMs are also impossible to get prices on.

Prices of these non-CC GSA hard packs are not compiled and reported anywhere that I know.  Tracking auctions is the best way to get an estimate of a coin's worth.

Regarding your 1885-O graded MS 65, the last one I saw sell on eBay was for $392 in January 2015.  1885-O is one of the most common dates, but rarer in high grades such as yours.

1879-S is also a very common date, but your PL grade does give it some extra value.  PL grades are more rare.  I have a couple of sales for MS-63PL, but they are old - $454 in October 2005, and $381 in March 2007.  I have seen MS64PL sales as follows: $486 in November 2007 - also old.  MS65PL sales as follows: $350 in August 2012 (this was probably a really good deal and under market), $675 in November 2012, and $805 in March 2011.

As you can see, there is a lot of variation in pricing.

What VAM's do you have that you are looking for pricing on?