• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1910 on a flying eagle cent???

16 posts in this topic

The first thing that should tell you that it isn't is that if it was it would be much thicker than normal and weigh close to five grams instead of three.

Even though I see a beak and the head of an eagle flying west, your example appears to be of 95% copper and not the Flying Eagle composition of 88 percent copper and 12 percent nickel.

looks like damage to me - what does the other side look like?

a 52 year old coin getting thrown into the blanks is not totally unheard of and similar things have happened before.

I really wish you did researched on pennies on google before you ask us those non-sense questions on 1910 flying eagle, small date 1982, and 1983 on your other posts. I can help you with some of those coins, none of those are worth more than 1 cent. Your "1982" and 1983-D pennies are completely damaged which you should put it back in your pocket, throw it away, or donate it to Goodwill. The 1910 "flying eagle" is not flying eagle, it's Lincoln wheat penny. At that condition, it's not worth much, no more than 5 cents. The VDB is only appeared on 1909 Lincoln wheat penny. Next time, when you find something that catch your eyes, please researching it on google.com before you ask us on this forum. Have fun!