• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong number

4 posts in this topic

Good morning, When I buy coin on ebay I always check them by going to the NGC site to verify the certification numbers, to see if the numbers on the coins check out.  The coin that I bought is a 2017D, Jefferson nickel, this is a MS66, 6FS PL.  The number on this coin is 2723658-014.   I enter this in my competitive set and this coin was rejected saying that this was not Jefferson but is was a Sacagawea 2017.  Recheck my Jefferson and it came back with the same thing that it did the first time that it was a Jefferson 2017D and not a Sacagawea.  If you would recheck this the way I did on the verify certification number the number is 2723658-014, you will see that this number is correct.  There must be some thing wrong. Thank you  Don (AMARILLO1).

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, amarillo1 said:

Good morning, When I buy coin on ebay I always check them by going to the NGC site to verify the certification numbers, to see if the numbers on the coins check out.  The coin that I bought is a 2017D, Jefferson nickel, this is a MS66, 6FS PL.  The number on this coin is 2723658-014.   I enter this in my competitive set and this coin was rejected saying that this was not Jefferson but is was a Sacagawea 2017.  Recheck my Jefferson and it came back with the same thing that it did the first time that it was a Jefferson 2017D and not a Sacagawea.  If you would recheck this the way I did on the verify certification number the number is 2723658-014, you will see that this number is correct.  There must be some thing wrong. Thank you  Don (AMARILLO1).

Hello, amarillo1.

It looks like you inadvertently entered in too many digits. You entered in this number: 2723658-0014. We have made the necessary corrections for you. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 6/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, amarillo1 said:

Good afternoon ali, thank you for correcting this mistake. You have a great afternoon. Don

You, too, Don. Thank you.