1999 Silver Proof Error
1 1

6 posts in this topic

2 posts

Has anyone heard of a 1999  Connecticut Silver Proof error coin?  I have been collecting coins for a long time an purchased the 1999 Silver Proof set from the US Mint  back when they first came out. I noticed back then that the tree branches possibly had something on the die when it was struck.  Now I know since it is a Silver Proof set that it should not have been released from the mint however, it was. I have looked (via internet) throughput the past few years and can not find anywhere there has been another. If anyone has any direction for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks??

24,958 posts

I personally know of a major error concerning the tree, but that does not preclude that you might have something worth noting.

125 posts

Pictures needed.............if you have the resources to provide them.  Otherwise none of us will be able to comment.

844 posts
19 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

I personally know of a major error concerning the tree, but that does not preclude that you might have something worth noting.

Would like to insert smaller font. Is it available ?

8,372 posts

Sounds like you have a silver proof with a small strikethrough.  I would think that premium value would be minimal.

4,871 posts

Strike-Through Mint Error State quarters are fairly common. We have a 1999-P ANACS-65 Connecticut with a bold Strike-Through on the obverse, for $28. Value is determined by how noticeable it is, and whether or not any major features are missing. A Proof Strike-Through is much scarcer and typically worth more money than a business strike.