• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1999 Silver Proof Error

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of a 1999  Connecticut Silver Proof error coin?  I have been collecting coins for a long time an purchased the 1999 Silver Proof set from the US Mint  back when they first came out. I noticed back then that the tree branches possibly had something on the die when it was struck.  Now I know since it is a Silver Proof set that it should not have been released from the mint however, it was. I have looked (via internet) throughput the past few years and can not find anywhere there has been another. If anyone has any direction for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks??

I personally know of a major error concerning the tree, but that does not preclude that you might have something worth noting.

19 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

I personally know of a major error concerning the tree, but that does not preclude that you might have something worth noting.

Would like to insert smaller font. Is it available ?

Strike-Through Mint Error State quarters are fairly common. We have a 1999-P ANACS-65 Connecticut with a bold Strike-Through on the obverse, for $28. Value is determined by how noticeable it is, and whether or not any major features are missing. A Proof Strike-Through is much scarcer and typically worth more money than a business strike.