• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

typical newbie question?

10 posts in this topic

Do I need to take coins out of a mint/proof set or can I send them  in the packaging and NGC will remove them? Any other tips you guys could give a beginner that most beginners have problems with?

I am curious to hear the opinions on this too as I was thinking about sending in one of those 2014 Silver Special Mint Sets (whatever they are called) and take a chance on them all grading 70. I havent sent anything in for a long time. 

I wonder if that is the way to send in those sets, all in OGP?

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest asking NGC, directly. And if you haven't already done so, I would check out values for graded examples, to be sure you feel that yours merit the applicable fees for grading. Many, many coins are not worth getting graded.

Rather than waste over $100 on having these common things "graded," why not spend the money learning how to grade coins, and on buying a good magnifier to identify the tiny marks that prevent a "MS-70 grade?"

You can send in mint packaging. However you must grade all of them in the package. You have to pay a small fee to have the mint packaging returned.

You can also send in individual coins in their mint capsules. I have done this many times. I normally take mint set coins out of those flat sealed

packs and put in flips.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:59 PM, NOODLES1970 said:

Do I need to take coins out of a mint/proof set or can I send them  in the packaging and NGC will remove them? Any other tips you guys could give a beginner that most beginners have problems with?

Iam a newbie here.i have sone questions. Will you please help me. i have here some Philippine Old Coins year 1908 and 1922 One Peace Coin Dollar. I want to sell it and how? I got it from my moms old coin purse. 

Welcome to the forum. It would have been better to start your own thread, asking about your coins, instead of asking in the midst of another topic. The Peace Dollar is worth about $18. Hopefully someone else can tell you about the other coins.