• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Queens Beasts Coins

10 posts in this topic

What do some of the members here thing of the queens beast series? do you collect the gold, silver 2oz, silver 10 oz?

My opinion for the series is,  I do like them a lot. I don't care for the finish as much as I think they could add some burnishing.

I bought the first issue in gold. I liked the Lion, did not like the obverse. The coin came with a scratch on it, so I sent it back. It's a neat series - but still just bullion.

Went through a phase of collecting the 'pretty bullion' types but most has been swapped for either generic bullion or for things of a more numismatic bent.  However, I did buy the Lion, Griffin, and Dragon.  Just couldn't resist the Beastie Bullion in this case.  Just silver and not the proofs.  Much as the gold is appealing I've got other things to buy right now.

WARNING TO ALL!!!! IF YOU ARE BUYING OFF OF EBAY, THERE ARE INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE DECEPTIVE AND ARE SELLING  SELF ANTIQUED COINS. YOU CAN ANTIQUE A COIN BY USING SMASHED BOILED EGGS OR PATINA GELS. RIGHT NOW THE QUEEN"S BEAST 2 OZ LION, DRAGON AND GRIFFIN HAVE BEEN MISREPRSENTED. MAKE SURE THAT THE COME WITH A COA WITH A NUMBER.

Did the mint sell them in an antiqued version?  I confess to not paying attention to the offerings when originally done.  The current site offerings do not seem to show any antiqued versions of any of the available coins.