• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mexico PESO 1898MO AM RESTRIKE KM-409.2 forcefully removed from registry set.

6 posts in this topic

This Mexico Peso Registry Set was intended to have original issues only.  This re-strike was inadvertently allowed in 2012.  Under advisement from our Senior World graders we have removed it from the competitive registry set.  You may create a Custom Registry set to include the re-strike.  We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

On 5/4/2017 at 5:53 PM, coin928 said:

Up until yesterday afternoon, my 1898 MO AM Restrike Peso (KM #409.2) was part of my Mexico Silver Peso, Cap & Rays, 1898-1909, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties registry set. 

• Why was it removed from this set?
  • Is it now part of some other set?

Thanks!

1000_1898MO_Restrike_Peso_MS63_20140604-01_4_front.jpg

This was indeed sad. The restrike belongs clearly to the set and it has a rich and interesting history. It is not the re strike of a bullion coin. Sounds like the Senior World graders ignored this (and not, it is not a colonial set). I think the set should include both, the original and re strike. But that is just my opinion. Such is life. Thanks to Marybeth for replying.

And on he same set, now removed from competition the best coins and now they are for display only. That is just a joke. So if you have the 1902 CN JQ /inv 2 or the 1901 ZS AZ or the 1903 MO MA, you are of luck. It does not matter that you have the rarities of the set, you will get no points. A joke. Why even bother. I hope NGC will take not... but seriously doubt it.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:18 AM, Maribeth said:

This Mexico Peso Registry Set was intended to have original issues only.  This re-strike was inadvertently allowed in 2012.  Under advisement from our Senior World graders we have removed it from the competitive registry set.  You may create a Custom Registry set to include the re-strike.  We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

The Senior World Graders are mistaken.