• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

old user name wouldnt work?

6 posts in this topic

Hey fellas I am here for the 2nd time since the forum upgrade but still couldnt get my old login to work.  I guess I'll be ok with this new account but did anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Check the tips for navigating the new site on the upper right of the page. If that doesn't help, contact NGC - they are usually extremely helpful.

Yes, I just went thru this also. There is a Merge request form that you need to fill out. Give them a week or so after your request and supply them with your old username and i'm sure they will help you out. BruceS

I had to use my E-mail address in place of my username. Same password worked with the E-mail address that had worked with the username.

If you happen to have registry sets under one name and had another for the forums the new software turns you into your registry identity on the boards.  

I don't mind wearing my dog, but it's not my 'normal' online coin board ID.  They were supposedly going to look into doing a 'reverse merge' so I could be me on the boards.  I did sign up for my old name so at least no one can acquire it, but I believe my request was either un-doable, not worth somebody's time, or just plain forgotten.  I will continue to be Homer over here, but it's odd not seeing the normal 'me'.

I emailed Dena (one of the Administrators) after getting no response elsewhere and within 2 days it was done, so don't give up they will get to it.