• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I need to zoom in more with my cell phone camera

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am brand new to all of this. I am wondering, are these photos from my cell phone sufficient to sell my coins or should I zoom in more ? These were taken at 5 X magnification. Thanks for the input ?

20170503_142813.jpg

20170503_142844.jpg

• Administrator

I am bumping this post because it was posted to the wrong forum and it has now been moved here. Just giving it a fair shot to get a reply.

Zoom isn't the problem here - focus is. The obverse picture especially is severely out of focus. If there is a macro mode on your camera (often they'll use a symbol of a flower), try that. It may help with the focus. Otherwise, play around with how close your phone is to the camera in order to get a good focus (some more light may also help). 

Unrelated question - is this cent just something you pulled out of your pocket, or is this one of the things you are trying to sell?