• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011(W) ASE Struck at West Point

10 posts in this topic

Newbie here, so not sure if this is allowed or even the correct forum.  I am looking for a MS69 Silver Eagle that was struck at West Point.  It will say that on the label, and the W will be in parentheses on the label.  No mint mark obviously.  And not looking for the burnished coin.  I can find 2011(s) everywhere but no W.  Or am I missing something?  Thanks.

They are out there on ebay. Mostly by PCGS. there does not seem to be very may by NGC. I have been looking for a NGC MS70 for several years. None have turned up.

I have a MS69 I got a couple of years ago.

Yea, I am almost to the point where I will have to buy a PCGS one and have it re-slabbed and hope for the best that I can get the same grade.  Thanks for the info.  You ever want to sell the one you have let me know lol.  

you might want to ask customer service at coin vault as they may have that at ngc already opened (by them and stored) and may be able to make one up for you in the ms 70 (w)ase that your requesting ask for mary Collins( preferred costumer service dept.1-800-869-0868)

On 4/26/2017 at 9:36 AM, asdfgh said:

Also you need to ask NGC if they will transfer the "Struck at West Point" on a crossover. They told me no...

Yea, just found that out the hard way with a 2016 proof with the Limited Edition notation on it.  So now I have 2 coins to sell lol.  Both PCGS.  The 2016 Limted Edtion at a PF69 and the 2011(W) West Point MS70.  

I still don't see how there could possibly be MS 70 ASE's. They are not handled individually and must have some roll friction even so slight that it would show under 5x magnification. Do they just turn their head or do they really exist. I've opened new rolls and no matter how perfect they look there is always friction on breast plates and related high spots.

san fan and west point have a different handeling system mostley automated get less friction where philly does not mostley by hand that's why wp/sf are more sought after more 70s in a box give you example the 2015(p) everbody wants is hard to come by in 70 an average 8 per box from what I  heard so for you to get a 70 from west point will be fairley easy.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:58 PM, asdfgh said:

They are out there on ebay. Mostly by PCGS. there does not seem to be very may by NGC. I have been looking for a NGC MS70 for several years. None have turned up.

I have a MS69 I got a couple of years ago.

I have an NGC 70 2011 (w) PM with offer if you like. I don't think they were a big seller early on, now registryguys can't find them.

14935788392461393431561.jpg