• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 MONSTER BOX LABEL SILVER EAGLE?

47 posts in this topic

I'm new to these chats and would like feedback please! I noticed the new hype in ms eagles(2015 p) and after research and pondering this issue came to the conclusion that mabey ngc while making their new addition to collectors with (came from mint sealed box label) that when they released this awesome monster box set to which I own,that mabey have put these together with philly boxes as the (w)&(s) were pedigree to other collectors.so after reading ngc's notes(upon entering my coins serial#)seeing my coin and reading about it.it states(all coins came from philly!) which makes sence since these coins were not pedigree they needed to do something wiyh the philly ms coins and produce this awesome monster box label set.which brings me to my question?how and would ngc redesignate my 2015(p) since they took it from sealed box and encapsulated it..what are everbodys thoughts on this? thanks

Uhhh...you lost me after the first sentence. What kind of feedback do you want? Is this a box of ASEs or just the labels or...?

I have the set ngc put together and they find out mintages after they sold them .their is no pedigree on them but site says from p mint but not on the label,philly not worthy I guess,or the standard if from philly.do I infact have p ms coins and will they designate as such.(not my sealed monster box) they opened monster box and put these together for collectors for sale before mintage releases they did all the work already site says all these coins from philly monster box lables 

Eagle, is English your first language? If not, try posting in your original language and hopefully someone here may be able to give us a translation. It appears you are using translation software, and what you are attempting to say is not making sense in English.  

If English is your language, please try typing complete sentences using proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and coherent sentence structures. You should have learned these skills in school. 

I want to help you, but I honestly have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say. 

when anybody looks at a monster box label?at least my 2015 coin (looking up at ngc my serial#) says I assume by what I read is these mintstate sets came from philly boxes.sorry about grammer

I too am unsure what it is you are asking. But here goes...

The bullion Eagles do not have a mint mark.  That does not mean that they come from Philly.  However there is no way for NGC to decide where they come from.

If one sends them a complete monster box with the intact mint straps and pays to get 500 certified, you can get the (W) or (S).  "Struck at West Point", "Struck at San Francisco"

Otherwise the label will not specifiy any mint.

The box must be strapped, otherwise people could reuse the boxes.

Edited by asdfgh

I understand what you are saying completely...but I guess my question is for ngc? I must not be clear enough if you have a coin from the monster box set ngc put out with monster box lables and your 2015 coin and enter serial # to physically look at that coin in your hand on the computer it will say came from philly box that is what I am understanding when it is described. they hold the coins from sealed monster boxes hence the label understand.

Edited by S EAGLE 1$

all 32 coins are from sealed monster boxes hence the label(from sealed monster box) how many of you have this set.it comes in a monster box with 2 green NGC boxes inside a used monsterbox positively stunning ,I sold my other ngc coins to get this perfect set.

35 minutes ago, S EAGLE 1$ said:

that's the one now get 2015 and ck # on site and read. from what I get coin vault is discussing this issue behind closed doors I guess I'm the first to ask

Ok, I think I understand what you are asking now. 

The picture that Wooden Jefferson posted is satirical, and not actually real. 

Let me make sure I understand: you are asking "Can coins which have been previously certified be designated by mint, if you submitted them in the monster box?" 

I'm almost certain the answer is No. 

The information in the recent press release is brand new info. Any coins you submitted in years past would have been taken out of the mint boxes. These boxes would have been disposed of, and the info would have been destroyed. They may have been from P mint boxes, but there is no proof of that now. It is impossible to verify that your coins are actually P-mint, and not another mint. 

what I understand I think that coin vault ventured with ngc to create these sets,all were from mint sealed boxes opened by ngc and still stored at ngc to create these they build them on an order basis coin vault is talkink with ngc behind closed doors to see what they are going to do.its above everybodys pay grade now that they found phillys mintageout and I know for a fact coin vault secured 2 monsterboxes(p)  with only 16 ms 70 from 1,000 coins. grading at ngc, so I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. I belive they know but will they answer me is the ?

Eagle. Please use sentences, punctuation, and try to organize your thoughts. Most of us old folks get lost in the stream-of-unconsciousness.....Would like to help, but just can't figure out what you are trying to say.

Well, thanks for the input. I swing a hammer and build custom homes better than I type. I need to get that dragon thing where I speak and it types for me. I've done really well without technology. Navigation of the computer is my downfall, my son has to help at times. Every time I learn something it becomes obsolete. Just like myself I guess. so.. I have not checked my administration questions I will in a minute, but what information I have is that my coin is philly minted and they know it. The talking behind doors is what are they going to do!

Must be something going on because coin vault can't answer my requests quote "its above their pay grade and are aware of this and are discussing this at the top levels with ngc". Coin vault has not got in touch with me yet and I called last week they

consider me one of their valued customer's and call regularly. So I decided to join ngc myself, to see if anyone else was aware of this, and to share this info from the bottom up.

I guess I fail to see the numismatic value of these coins.  If the coin itself cannot be determined as being different from another coin, by being struck at a different mint, and there's nothing on the coin itself to differentiate it from another mint, then it's pointless to say it's different because your relying on a label to say it is...not just for now, but for the distant future.  This is the silliest identifier for a coins provenance I'd ever seen.  JMHO.        

I agree its a way to pull existing collectors into, some at least, expanding their set so they have it all. Like the 25th anniversary set EAGLES. It works because I own that to.2012, 2013 set and so on. I can remember when collecting was inexpensive .Going to the flee market and etc. finding a treasure which was someone's junk miss that.

There are 2 of these for sell at huge prices on ebay. I did not even know that they existed. I had read that some eagles were produced at the philly mint. However the article said that they were shipped to west point and boxed as west point coins. So the question is, how did someone get some of these boxed as philly?

investors that have the money can purchase these at any secondary market big bullion  dealers the mint sells to them directly. And as long as you don't break seals Ngc will designate as such.most of the time you have to have lot of money before you submit like for 2015(p) but most investors purchase and store long lengths of time. just waiting for a chance like this one(p).buy a monster box hold for 10,000 and hold for 2 years realize its lowest mintage ever and turn it loose for 50,000 what a return!!!!

I saw Mike Mezack show these on HSN. They are bullion eagles struck at Philadelphia as a way to help out the West Point mint. The only way they get certified is when a green monster box is sent to the grading service.  Mike is calling them  the "rarest" American Eagle there is. My problem is that if you break it out of the slab, you lose the rarity. Now it's just another silver bullion AE. He had some from ANACS.  By the way, I would not recommend TV as a proper place to purchase coins. Coins bought on TV shows include a premium to fund the show. Watch the shows for information and entertainment only.

Edited by Tyrock

looking at the mintage release they all have west point inventory lables when taken in reciving but....philly and san fran also west point in packaging at their mint use a sharpie on top of boxes to identify them while at their mint before being shipped to west point and re inventoryed

On 4/24/2017 at 7:20 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Ok, I think I understand what you are asking now. 

The picture that Wooden Jefferson posted is satirical, and not actually real. 

Let me make sure I understand: you are asking "Can coins which have been previously certified be designated by mint, if you submitted them in the monster box?" 

I'm almost certain the answer is No. 

The information in the recent press release is brand new info. Any coins you submitted in years past would have been taken out of the mint boxes. These boxes would have been disposed of, and the info would have been destroyed. They may have been from P mint boxes, but there is no proof of that now. It is impossible to verify that your coins are actually P-mint, and not another mint. 

The picture is not satirical, those green slabs and labels really exist.

I didn't realize that the words 'Coin Vault' and 'rarity' could be used in the same sentence.  I'd advise the OP to slowly, no, to quickly, remove his name from Coin Vault's 'valued customer' list.  You are a 'valuable customer' to Coin Vault as long as you keep spending your money with them, and given the ridiculously outrageous prices they charge (they gotta pay for that air time), they'll say and do just about anything to keep on selling you graded bullion, regardless of WHERE it was struck.  I'd venture onto ebay, or Great Collections, among other places, to spend your money.  You WILL live to regret purchasing from them.  Talk with some of the dealers who frequent these boards.  They can tell you story after story about how many customers have left their shops VERY unhappy, after finding out what their prized 'rarities' are actually worth (and it makes those dealers look like the bad guys for doing nothing more than explaining that their collection isn't worth anywhere near what Coin Vault claims it is).  Not trying to be harsh, but word to the wise......RUN away from Coin Vault as fast as you can!!

If NGC is certifying coins as (P) based on a sharpie marking on the box then they really let down their standards. When the first (S) ones were certified they had to have

original straps marked San Francisco.  I have one of those monster boxes.  It has strap in 2 directions printed with San Francisco.

yes original straps but sharpie say if starts with 1 five digets total then philly minted them ,then they were shipped to wp to recive a wp inventory sticker at least in 2015 and I have both 2014 and 2015 both have sharpie floor inventory numbers until it is stocked understand straps are 2nd idenifier

Edited by S EAGLE 1$