• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 MONSTER BOX LABEL SILVER EAGLE?

47 posts in this topic

Seems to me the 'bar code' adhesive sticker and straps would lend more credence as to where the monster box came from, that a the signed off packing slip inside the box. Course only the certifying company gets to see that first hand in this case.

Ok I think I got his question....

"Since CoinVault sent in two monster box with the Philadelphia serial numbers to get graded before this FOIA discovery, can those slabbed coin get the attribute? The serial number from the box is logged with the serial number from the slabs either through NGC or coinvault themselves."

Is that what you're asking?

well same answer? the label from mint sealed box my be misleading to some like me. you would think that ngc received a mint sealed box and verified this but also the fact still stands that all bouillon coins come from a monster box.so my set may have been sent in by the piece or cracked open old brown labels to create the new sets. Who knows coin vault will not let me know everybody I speak with is less knowledgeable than me.no sense in whooping a dead horse, obviously they  do not want consumers to know....I still like my unique set regardless.NGC WAS VERY CLEAR ON THEIR AWNSERS (ITS WHAT THEY DIDNT SAY AND WOULD NOT SAY.)SO I THANK THEM WITH ALL THEIR HELP.AND NOW I KNOW TO BE A VALUED COUSTOMER WITH COIN VAULT MAY MEAN TO BE NIEVE.  Either way I love my (from mint sealed box label#750) and glad NGC made these, its always a conversation.in the future I'm sure they will appreciate with time,thanks everbody for your input!!!

Maybe the OP missed it: " Anyone can use a marker to write whatever they want on a box."

Only official seals and imprinted binding straps count toward identification of contents.

I'm with Roger on this one as the  numbers written in permanent marker on the outside of the box are more or less a 'internal' tracking system used by the Mint. It was later learned that these numbers could be used to identify where these bullion coins originated from but not refutable evidence. The straps, the bar code and the packing slip where the key identifiers of origin. Put all that together and it gives credence to the number sequence used for tracking.

Enjoy your SAE's knowing they came from the Philadelphia Mint.

Note the article in Coin World where the Mint says the handwritten numbers do not necessarily correspond to a particular mint of production.

The whole thing is a money grab by greedy promoters. The coins are identical.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, RWB said:

Note the article in Coin World where the Mint says the handwritten numbers do not necessarily correspond to a particular mint of production.

The whole thing is a money grab by greedy promoters. The coins are identical.

Yes, the Mint now says the info given out for the FOIA request may be 'erroneous'.  I wonder how nervous that Mezack character is NOW.  There are going to be ALOT of unhappy campers should this really toss a monkey wrench into his plans to conquer the entire bullion sector of coin collecting.  What goes around, comes around....it SHOULD be about time it's come around for HIM!

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, WoodenJefferson said:

I'm with Roger on this one as the  numbers written in permanent marker on the outside of the box are more or less a 'internal' tracking system used by the Mint. It was later learned that these numbers could be used to identify where these bullion coins originated from but not refutable evidence. The straps, the bar code and the packing slip where the key identifiers of origin. Put all that together and it gives credence to the number sequence used for tracking.

Enjoy your SAE's knowing they came from the Philadelphia Mint.

http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/u-s-mint-updates-silver-eagle-bullion-coin-branch-mint-attribution-information/

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, RWB said:

No sympathy for the greedy or hucksters.

Even with this revelation, the hucksters will figure out a way to make you believe this is all disinformation to confuse and disorient the collector.