• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have the Pittman Auction Catalogues?

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a bit of information on a lot (or lots?) in the Pittman Sale. This was a bit before I really got into collecting, but my understanding is that one of the sales was primarily world gold and patterns. 

I am looking for information on any coins from Morocco that may have been in his sale - specifically an 8-coin lot of piedforts with essai minted in the 40's and 50's. 

If anyone has any info about this lot, or has access to the catalogue, could you scan in the page from the auction? Or give me an auction date/lot number? Or any sort of info? Thanks! 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

These were in Pittman III, August 6-8, 1999. The piefort/essai lots were Nos. 4740-4744 and appear on pages 409-410.

7 hours ago, DWLange said:

These were in Pittman III, August 6-8, 1999. The piefort/essai lots were Nos. 4740-4744 and appear on pages 409-410.

Many thanks! Would it be possible to scan these pages for me so that I can see it? 

If not, at least knowing the sale and lots is a huge help. 

The reason I was asking was because I recently bought a lot on Heritage. After looking at the Pittman catalog, I appear to have bought lot 4742. They are all now NGC graded, and pedigreed to Pittman. 

https://coins.ha.com/itm/morocco/morocco-french-protectorate-eight-piece-piefort-essai-denomination-set-ah-1361-1372-1942-1953-total-8-coins-/a/3054-31178.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116