• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible 1955 error coin

2 posts in this topic

I found this coin in an old coin roll. I hope my pictures are good enough but, please take a look at Liberty on the left of the head and look closely at the "E" it has a wavy longer bottom than any coin I have ever seen on any coin. I have looked with a magnifying glass and it is raised and solid like the rest. Could you me if this is worth sending in to be graded as an error coin?

20170405_163444.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your question.  Our graders would need to see the coin in hand in order to determine if the coin qualifies for a mint error.  The cost to submit the coin may vary based on the declared value of the coin. It may qualify for the modern (1955-present), Economy, or Early bird tiers. Please note that the mint error evaluation is an additional $15 per coin. The mint error will be attributed if the experts deem it to be significant enough to meet our criteria. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/

In order to submit coins to us you would need to be a paid member of our collector society or you could submit them through an NGC authorized dealer in your area.