• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROOF VS. BUSINESS STRIKE PANDAS

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

While recently discussing Proof vs. Mint State Mexican coinage in a group, a 2016 MS-69 Silver panda graded by NGC was uploaded as showing what may be different criteria from NGC as to when to call something business strike (MS) rather than proof. This led me to search the technical specifications of the 2016 30 gram silver Panda which I have not been able to find. Still, several, if not all, large US bullion dealers seem to call the 30 grams silver pandas BU while I found that larger ones (i.e. 100 grams or more in gold or the Silver Kilo) are called PROOF when advertised. Cans someone tell me the difference? Are silver 30 gram 2016 Pandas officially considered business strikes or MS by the Chinese Mint?

Thanks! 

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. I have copied the information below. 

The People's Bank of China is scheduled to be issued on October 28, 2016 2017 version of the Panda gold and silver commemorative coins a set of 12, including Panda Pu gold and silver commemorative coins 6 (October 28, 2016 issue), panda refined gold and silver Commemorative coins 6 (issued on December 15, 2016), are the legal tender of the People's Republic of China.

A commemorative coin pattern

The set of gold and silver commemorative coins are positive patterns of the Beijing Temple of Heaven, and the name of the country, the number; the back of the pattern are panda food bamboo map, and published amount, weight and fineness.

Second, the commemorative coins specifications and circulation

(A) 1 g round gold commemorative coins for the general coins, with 1 gram of gold, 10 mm in diameter, denomination 10 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 1 million pieces.

(2) 3 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the general coins, with 3 grams of gold, 18 mm in diameter, 50 yuan denomination, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 800,000.

(3) 8 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the general coins, with gold 8 grams, 22 mm in diameter, 100 yuan denomination, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(D) 15 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the general coins, with 15 grams of pure gold, 27 mm in diameter, denomination of 200 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 600,000.

(5) 30 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the general coins, with 30 grams of pure gold, 32 mm in diameter, denomination of 500 yuan, color 99.9%, the largest circulation of 700,000 pieces.

(6) 50 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the refined currency, with 50 grams of gold, 40 mm in diameter, denomination of 800 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 20,000.

(Seven) 100 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the refined currency, with 100 grams of gold, 55 mm in diameter, denomination of 1,500 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the maximum circulation of 10,000.

(Eight) 150 grams of round gold commemorative coins for the refined currency, with 150 grams of pure gold, 60 mm in diameter, denomination of 2,000 yuan, color 99.9%, the largest circulation of 5,000.

(9) 1 kg round gold commemorative coins for the refined currency, with 1 kg of gold, 90 mm in diameter, denomination of 10,000 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 500.

(10) 30 grams of circular silver commemorative coins for the general coins, including 30 grams of sterling silver, 40 mm in diameter, denomination of 10 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 10,000,000 pieces.

(11) 150 grams of circular silver commemorative coins for the refined currency, including 150 grams of sterling silver, 70 mm in diameter, 50 yuan denomination, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 60,000 pieces.

(12) 1 kg round silver commemorative coins for the refined currency, including silver 1 kg, 100 mm in diameter, denomination of 300 yuan, fineness 99.9%, the largest circulation of 20,000.

Third, the set of gold and silver commemorative coins by the Shenzhen National Treasure Coin Co., Ltd., Shanghai Mint Co., Ltd. And Shenyang Mint Co., Ltd. Casting, the total distribution of China 's gold coin. For more information, please visit the China Gold Network (www.chngc.net).