• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Notifications for a PM

2 posts in this topic

When I get a new private message, I get both a general notification and a notification of a message (on the top ribbon, I get both an "alarm bell" and an "envelope.") This is aggravating because it dings twice, two different messages pop up, and to clear it I have to click on both of them (with the aggravatingly slow load speed, this takes several seconds just to clear a redundant and useless notification). 

Is it possible to make only one notification appear for a PM? The "envelope" alone should suffice.... 

• Administrator
On 4/4/2017 at 7:42 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

When I get a new private message, I get both a general notification and a notification of a message (on the top ribbon, I get both an "alarm bell" and an "envelope.") This is aggravating because it dings twice, two different messages pop up, and to clear it I have to click on both of them (with the aggravatingly slow load speed, this takes several seconds just to clear a redundant and useless notification). 

Is it possible to make only one notification appear for a PM? The "envelope" alone should suffice.... 

Yes. In your notification settings, turn OFF the "Notification List" sliders for the two entries in the "messenger" section. You will still get the red badge on your envelope icon, but you will not get the red badge on the bell, and you will not get the pop-ups at the bottom of the page.