• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANT TO BUY -- SARDINIAN COINS FROM 1853-1856

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to complete my Crimean War sub-collection, and the only coin I lack is from that pesky little Italian state of Sardinia.  I've looked all over, and the only coins I've been able to find from any of those four years are gold and/or in AU or MS condition -- they're absolutely stunning pieces, but: a) I'm honestly not all that interested in gold coins; and b) $200+ is far too much for me to spend, especially on a "minor" coin.

The coin I do wind up purchasing will be one of the following:

• A copper centesimo IF in at least "Fine" condition (it doesn't have to be graded)
  • A copper 3 or 5 centesimi IF in at least "Fine" condition (again, it doesn't have to be graded)
  • A silver 25 or 50 centesimi, or a lira
  • A silver 2 or 5 lire

Any information or offers would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!  Thank you!!!

Oooh, I like those!  That last one is exactly what I'm looking for, but unfortunately even at $184 the price is a bit too steep for me to strongly consider. (To be fair, though, I did put $200 in my original post as an upper limit -- it's more like .  .  . $100 lol.)  The middle one is a bit more feasible -- and I could ask the seller if they offer any sort of installment plans, etc.  Hmm .  .  . *scratches chin*

Thanks for the info!