• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charmy's 2017 PNNA TUKWILA SHOW REPORT w/lots of Pics!

3 posts in this topic

It seems like I just did this - oh wait, I did! I almost didn't do a show report for the Tukwila show but the Pacific Northwest is so beautiful and the Tukwila show is a great smaller show so I thought I'd put together a little quickie report! Haters beware: there will be very little coins in this report so you may want to stop and click the "back" button right now;-)

I left sunny SoCal Thursday afternoon and arrived in beautiful Seattle a few hours later.

6ne7g6gvhlq2.jpg

mdceh9pzrksf.jpg

afnvn8mt2hx4.jpg

d54mz97dg2lf.jpg

xw0wje3ry9px.jpg

md9tisyk470r.jpg

fdevx7gu1z4z.jpg

My brother Paul, who lives in Maple Valley just outside of Seattle, picked me up at the airport. One of the reasons I love doing this show is that I get to spend time with him. He took me to his weekly jazz band rehearsal and then we headed home, and watched tv in our jammies before calling it a day.

In the morning, Paul dropped me off at the Tukwila Community Center on his way to work at Expedia. My table is right next to the loading door which they keep open until noon, and it was about 45 degrees outside, so this wimpy SoCal girl was shivering with chattering teeth during set up. I have never set up my table so quickly before! It was also St. Patrick's Day, so I made sure to have my green on as did several other folks!

u97cq2h4f5ol.jpg

Kevin Charboneau is one of the tireless helpers who do a great job putting on this show!

xrimtv6f4pyi.jpg

After my table was set up, I wandered around the room (mostly staying at the far side of the room!) looking for coins to buy. I ended up finding quite a few nice certified coins, as well as a handful of raw pennies.

qicfa9jf5jh7.jpg

After the show opened to the public, I saw several forum members in the room, including Seattleslammer who stopped by to say hi.

naxnha7opuyw.jpg

These are the elongates and tokens they were handing out to the public

urhc28xjjeur.jpg

kzho1th1a9re.jpg

The show was busy and full most of the afternoon and there were lots of people looking at coins. However, I heard sales were on the slow side, including mine.

Later in the afternoon, I opened this bottle of Washington Chateau Smith Cab that I had bought at a local market. This is Glen Holsonbake, one of the several folks who shared some wine with me.

fsz85c6rb9j0.jpg

I had heard int he forecast that there would be showers, and those forecasts did not lie!

68nsrr0qkmmq.jpgAfter the show was over, we went to the Metropolitan Grill for dinner. We went there last year and loved it, and it didn't disappoint again! The food and atmosphere were excellent, and we had a great time!

My bff Cindi Snow who worked the ANACS table at the show

hw1pkay8v6no.jpg

This is James Sego/QA Coins, me, and my brother Paul

voseduwuayo2.jpg

These are the various cuts of meat you can order

fvld62wynggo.jpg

o5cvzxoypmdq.jpg

1t8ho383nhft.jpg

q8liq4dwhpkw.jpg

The next day, I took a few minutes to view the exhibits in the room across from the bourse floor. My favorite was the Short Snorter Project, it really had some great history.

wxhdiumf32ai.jpg

vcuhdj31ry07.jpg

ffsktx8wlrok.jpg

Traffic was pretty heavy throughout most of the day on Saturday.

pqdn6i58fv44.jpg

auv0rqz83xcj.jpg

This is Matt Powell of Digital Studio NW (he designed my website) who is photo bombing Glen. I called them the two "Uncle Festers"!

5ss1f654n88t.jpg

After the show ended, we went to Salty's Seafood which was across the harbor from the city.

4cfr20sh2ia8.jpg

dnzvmf38resz.jpg

bxsshhp41vv2.jpg

8wi2638dw722.jpg

8r42gbfu8joi.jpg

th0br41lkqpg.jpg

We had the most beautiful view of the Seattle skyline right from our table.

nkfjfxnsvcqw.jpg

jctx0v937o8j.jpg

Sunday was slow as usual and the bourse was pretty sparse.

3nm3pcnpfvna.jpg

So I took the opportunity to walk around to see if there was anything I missed. Along the way, I took a couple photos of some of the dealers.

This is Revick Galston and his helper of West Coast Coins. They are super friendly and easy to work with.

185yx7apudnv.jpg

This is Lisa and Scott Loos, Scott is the bourse chair and they both work very hard to put on a great show.

bpmu4k395y97.jpg

Cindi won a very special award for Grading Representative of the Year!

oc4km4iccaf1.jpg

Soon it was time to pack up and head to the airport. Bye bye beautiful Seattle, til next time!

llmeoid6t7bq.jpg

lhuckc9bak3f.jpg

vj0mee40coko.jpg

Hello adorable Penny!

a0pe222p287b.jpg

Next up: Baltimore, Las Vegas, and Santa Clara!