• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Morgan

10 posts in this topic

I don't really see any color on this piece. It does however appear to have been cleaned at some point and has residue from that, and also looks to have some PVC.

On 3/13/2017 at 8:47 PM, FlytheW said:

Does the color detract from value?

Whatever "value" you may have determined it has either through a possible VAM, mint error, etc. - the color or cleaning would most likely not affect that. With the exception of the previous possibilities you essentially have a XF or XF+ 1921 Morgan Dollar that otherwise holds very little value to begin with, let alone enough value to have it graded. 

Good looking old heavily circulated Morgan though, imo. 

On 3/13/2017 at 8:47 PM, FlytheW said:

Does the color detract from value?  I find the color more intriguing to the eye than the standard shiny coin.

To each his own I guess. Personally, if given the choice between a toned MS coin and a Lustrous MS coin of the same grade, I would choose the latter (because it was most probably handled with utmost care or left alone). Unless of course it is one of those rare ridiculous rainbow toned MS coins.

By the way, this coins looks very well circulated. I dont't think it would be worth much (probably between $30 - $35) to consider getting it graded.

The coin has EF-45 sharpness with a some PVC, which might be removed without damage, and a possible cleaning. The mint marks on all 1921 Morgan Dollars are small. The coin interesting because it is the only Denver Mint Morgan Dollar, but beyond that, it does not have a great deal going for it.